Sunday, August 30, 2009

Jackpot Boot Fair

We went to the Boot Fair near Sandwich this lovely morning. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but I found EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED. This gorgeous vintage sewing box is now mine! I learned a valuable lesson as well: "He who hesitates is lost" ... sound familiar? Well, I hesitated about this beauty (don't ask my why... the seller was only asking 5 pounds!), but a few moments later when I regained my sanity and walked back to the stall, I ALMOST got it snatched out from under my nose by another keen buyer (and I'm talking seconds here). Phew... It cost me 4.50 in the end, I couldn't be happier and I officially don't have wool roving and bits of wire strewn around my office any longer.

If that wasn't enough... I picked up "The Country Diary of An Edwardian Lady" by Edith Holden for a mere 50p. It's a facsimile reproduction of a naturalist's diary for the year 1906. Here's a little peak:
What a lovely day.

2 comments: